4.5 million Inhabitants, of which 1/3 lives in the exciting and most vibrant metropolis: Auckland
- NZ is multicultural as many Kiwis are either immigrants or their descendants
- Sir Edmund Hillary – the first man to reach the peak of Mount Everest (with his climbing partner Tenzing Norgay) was a New Zealander (born in Auckland) and his face is on the New Zealand $5 bill
- Only 5% of NZ’s population is human- the rest are animals.
- No part of the country is more than 128km (79 miles) from the sea.
- NZ is the least corrupt nation in the world (tied with Denmark), according to the Corruptions Perception Index.
- In 1893, New Zealand became the first country to give women the right to vote.